The Center for Cultural Agility focuses on proactive strategies and initiatives that promote equitable learning and working spaces. These spaces are supported by individuals who "walk the talk" of equity and inclusion.
We know that there are many folks who uphold these principles because it is who they are and not because it is trending. These people quietly and consistently put in the work personally and professionally and we want to acknowledge them with The Center for Cultural Agility's With a Thankful Heart Award to thank them for "Walking the talk for our human family."
The name of the award comes from strangers who united through an act of kindness in a small midwestern town, acknowledging one another's thankful hearts.
Nominees sought are people who daily go about the work of creating equitable and inclusive spaces for others.
Who is eligible for consideration:
1. Any age and any other socially defined identity (ALL ARE WELCOME FOR CONSIDERATION)
2. Anyone living, working, or volunteering in Kalamazoo or Allegan Counties in Southwest Michigan
3. Anyone who consistently demonstrates principles of equity and inclusion through their interactions with others
4. No self nominations, we want to acknowledge the noticeable differences others make and are really seeking everyday people doing everyday things.
How to nominate:
Click the "Nominate Someone Today" button and include in your nomination:
1. Your name
2. Your nominee's name and a way to contact them (email or phone number)
3. Indicate why you think this person should be considered for a "With a Thankful Heart" Award and include at least three things they do that demonstrates their commitment to equity and inclusion.
Starting January 2021, one person will be selected monthly to receive the award. Of the twelve winners, one winner will be selected in December 2021 for a special acknowledgment.
Winners to be featured on our website and social media. Please note that nominators agree to our use of their name and quotes from their nomination email. We will secure permission from each monthly winner and request a photo of the winner with their award to feature on our site. Minors will need guardian permission to be featured.